Jumpers for Goalposts

Just popping in to let you know what I'm working on at the minute.
As I mentioned in my previous post, my working time* at the moment is spent managing and creating pieces for several projects.
I am very excited to be working again with the fabulous team at AV Browne.
When employed by Belfast Print Workshop, I was partnered with seven designers, and assisted in  creating a suite of original prints that related to one or more of A V Browne's clients. Have a look at the catalogue here.
Initially I worked through, step-by-step, some printmaking techniques, then discussed with each designer which method would most suit the translation of their ideas.
In the end most of the work was screen printed, and after months of design tweaking, ink mixing, and head scratching, a body of work was born, of which I am most proud.

I am now working with them again, however now as a self-employed artist and printer.

This time there are eleven designers, each designing one print, which will be in an edition of eleven. The project is called Jumpers for Goalposts, so as you can guess, the theme is -football-!

More images will be posted as I start to prep inks, paper, screens and get to work bringing some sensational designs to life. Check in here too to see more process pictures.


.....Watch this space.....


*by working time, I mean the spare time I have when not bouncing Juno on my knee or cleaning up the aftermath of her thrice daily feeding sessions.







0 comments:

Post a Comment